Successfully Plan Your Folding Door Project
As you begin to plan your project, one of the main features of any house-to-backyard/deck design is the door you choose. In the past, the most common choice was the tried-and-true sliding patio door. However, over the past decade, more and more designers, architects, and builders have decided to opt for a bifold/folding patio door.
This has led to a great increase in both the number of homes that come equipped with folding patio doors and remodels that remove existing windows or sliding patio doors and replace them with a set of folding patio doors.
Planning for Success
Now is the time to really think through how you will be using your room and outside areas. Do you do a lot of entertaining? Do you want to remove the barrier (wall/door) that separates the inside of the house from the outside so that you can enjoy a beautiful day? Will you have any furniture near the door on either the inside or the outside? Would it help if you could control the ventilation across the opening?
Depending on the scope of your project, your approach may vary.
Simple Door Replacement
Do you have an old sliding or bifold door that is not functioning properly or has leaks? A Panoramic Door is often the preferred folding door solution for such situations for a variety of reasons.
- The Panoramic Door is a bottom track supported system. Because of this, in most cases, you can use your current header (the support beam above your existing door). Typical bifold doors hang from the top. This added weight often requires a stronger header to be installed in order to support the door. Having to replace the header can add a great sum to the cost of your project and you want to be able to avoid doing so if possible.
- All doors are custom made fit your existing opening.
- Panoramic Doors are available in both vinyl and aluminum.
Remodeling Your Property
When considering all the options available for remodeling, one of the most impactful features you can add is a Panoramic folding patio door. With a Panormaic door you can:
- Maximize the size of the opening to remove the barrier between the inside and outside.
- Create the air of luxury in your home, business or restaurant.
- Gain control of the air and traffic flow in and out of the room.
The recent move towards having a more open and expansive design has led more and more people planning the architecture around their Panoramic folding patio door.
- Enjoy more flexibility and both size and operation direction.
- The design of the outside deck, patio, or yard is often influenced by the door selection.
- Gain more control over the placement of the bottom track for a smoother transition from inside to outside.